5 Tips for Event Photography
14 February 2018
Almost 6 years I’m doing event photography. Only last year I did about 100 events in Dubai. Its big experience and
I want to share some tips for my clients.
- Brief your photographer. Everything about the schedule, changes, important people, speakers. Again, brief your photographer before the actual event. The best if the client sends brief few days before
- Light for a photographer is super important. Of course, I’m using flash. But I think you’ll agree that flash kills all ambient moody light. That’s why I use flash as minimum as possible to create the atmosphere of the event.
- Same way with disco blue and red lights. If pay to have on your event – 90% you’ll have it on photos. Unfortunately, editing will not help.
- Photozone – Mediawall. Best option to create that place with additional tungsten light. Faces will look better and all your guests will take good photos by phone. If you don’t have light – ask photographer bring additional flash on a stand.
- Press images. Super important thing! Ask photographer do your press images straight after the event. 15 images is not a problem. Normally, I have the laptop with me and need 30 minutes to transfer edited press images to client.